Life Lessons I Learned the Hard Way (Part 9)You Teach People How to Treat You
The way people treat you
is not always about them.
Sometimes,
it’s about what you allow.
This was one of the hardest lessons
for me to accept.
Because it meant
I had to look within.
For a long time,
I ignored things that didn’t feel right.
I stayed silent
when I should have spoken.
I accepted behavior
that I was uncomfortable with.
Not because I didn’t see it—
but because I didn’t want to create conflict.
I thought adjusting
would keep things peaceful.
But instead,
it slowly affected my self-respect.
And that’s when I realized something important—
People learn how to treat you
by how you respond.
If you keep tolerating disrespect,
it becomes normal.
If you keep staying silent,
people assume it’s okay.
If you don’t set boundaries,
people don’t know where to stop.
That realization was uncomfortable.
But it was necessary.
Because I understood—
I was teaching people
how to treat me.
So I started changing.
I began to speak up
when something didn’t feel right.
I stopped accepting behavior
that disturbed my peace.
I set clear boundaries.
And slowly,
everything changed.
Some people adjusted.
Some people walked away.
But I felt stronger.
Because I was finally respecting myself.
Now I know—
Respect starts from within.
And the way you treat yourself
becomes the standard
for how others treat you.
So if you want better treatment…
Start by valuing yourself first. 💫
If you liked this post, please follow my blog and share your thoughts in the comments. 💖
Your support means a lot to me. 💫
Comments
Post a Comment