Life Lessons I Learned the Hard Way (Part 6) Not Everyone Deserves Access to You
For a long time,
I was available for everyone.
Always replying.
Always listening.
Always being there.
No matter how I felt.
I thought being kind
meant never saying no.
I thought being strong
meant handling everything quietly.
But over time,
I started feeling drained.
Tired.
Emotionally exhausted.
Disconnected from myself.
That’s when I realized something important—
Not everyone deserves access to you.
Not your time.
Not your energy.
Not your peace.
Just because you are available
doesn’t mean everyone values it.
And just because you care
doesn’t mean others will do the same.
That realization was hard.
Because it meant I had to change.
I had to set boundaries.
I had to say “no”
without feeling guilty.
I had to step back
from people and situations
that were draining me.
At first, it felt uncomfortable.
I worried about what others would think.
I felt like I was being selfish.
But I wasn’t.
I was protecting myself.
And slowly,
things started to feel different.
I had more peace.
More clarity.
More control over my own energy.
Because boundaries are not about pushing people away.
They are about choosing
who gets close.
Now I understand—
You don’t have to be available to everyone
to prove your worth.
Your time is valuable.
Your energy is limited.
And your peace matters.
So choose wisely
who you give access to.
Because protecting your energy
is not selfish—
It is necessary. 💫
If you liked this post, please follow my blog and share your thoughts in the comments. 💖
Your support means a lot to me. 💫
Comments
Post a Comment